Tuesday, November 9, 2010

presentation to HS

I made a presentation to the guidance counselor and several faculty members at the local vocational-technical high school about my ideas for how to partner with them and bring the arts to students there. The teachers were very supportive and willing to get involved, had lots of ideas for how to facilitate a "teen arts advisory group" at the school. Because they don't have an art department, certain faculty at the school are trying to create a core group of students interested in the arts who can take part in extracurricular activities. They are particularly interested in starting a drama club, so we talked about how our organization can help with set design and could possibly serve as a satellite performance space. They're going to schedule our first focus/discussion group during a lunch period, which I'm so thankful for because we'll definitely be able to pull more students in that way. We'll use the students who come to that as a jumping point. Now we need to find space in the budget for pizza, and I'm attempting to create a beautiful eye-catching flyer.

I'll post some pictures from yesterday's pre-school class, where I introduced my opus of lesson planning for this term.